Version updated as of April 1st, 2022
Skillegal (registered in the Paris Trade and Companies Register under number 891 811 895, whose registered office is located at 20 avenue de l’Opéra – 75001 PARIS) generally ensures that it only collects personal data that is adequate, relevant and necessary for the purposes of the processing (the principle of minimization), and that it takes appropriate security and confidentiality measures to ensure that it is protected, including data protection issues from the moment of conception and by default.
Skillegal is committed to complying with the provisions of the applicable regulations, in particular those of the European Regulation 2016/679 on the protection of personal data, which came into force on May 25, 2018 (hereinafter, the “RGPD”), as well as those of the French Data Protection Act of January 6, 1978, and of any law or regulation that may supplement or replace it.
If you have any questions about this policy or if you have any requests regarding your data, you can contact us by sending an e-mail to the following address: email@example.com.
- Data collected and methods of collection
Any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual is personal data.
In the context of its activities and the operation of its website, Skillegal is likely to process a certain amount of personal data. In general, Skillegal ensures that it only collects and processes data that is strictly necessary for the purpose for which it is processed.
Data that Skillegal collects directly from you:
– When you register for Skillegal events or newsletters: contact information and communication preferences (last name, first name, job title, company name, e-mail address);
– when using the contact form: identity and contact information (last name, first name, e-mail address, phone number, information from the comment provided);
– when applying for a job with Skillegal, including through the application form: identity, contact and employment information (last name, first name, e-mail address, phone number, curriculum vitae (CV), cover letter, etc.);
– when you use Skillegal’s services: any information necessary to perform our job. This includes: identification and contact information, financial and billing information (last name, first name, email address, phone number, etc.).
Data Skillegal collects from third parties:
Skillegal may receive personal data from third parties, particularly in connection with its legal obligations or in the performance of its duties, including:
– Skillegal’s foreign offices;
– administrative and supervisory authorities;
– courts of law;
– our clients, in the context of the work they entrust to Skillegal;
– our partners.
Data Skillegal Collects Automatically:
Skillegal automatically collects certain information as you navigate our website at https://www.skillegal.com/.
This includes login and navigation data, particularly the user’s region of origin, which is necessary to navigate the website.
Our website also contains Google Analytics cookies, which are used to generate reports on user interaction with our website.
You are free to consent or decline the use of these cookies upon your first visit to the website.
The information stored is not personally identifiable and is transferred directly to Google without Skillegal’s knowledge. To learn more about these cookies, you can consult the Google Analytics data protection policy available at the following address
All of these cookies are kept for a maximum of 13 months.
Furthermore, we would like to draw your attention to the fact that Skillegal does not collect any sensitive data, unless such collection is required by legal or regulatory provisions, or for the performance of the mission that you have entrusted to it.
Sensitive data is defined as any information about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political, philosophical or religious beliefs, trade union membership, health or sex life.
- Legal basis for processing
Skillegal ensures that we only process your data in the cases provided for by the applicable regulations, and in particular;
– On the basis of your free, specific, informed and unambiguous consent (e.g. for event and newsletter registrations or contact requests). Where applicable, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, the withdrawal of consent not compromising the lawfulness of the processing carried out prior to such withdrawal;
– when the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract or pre-contractual measures taken at your request (e.g. applications or taking charge of a file);
– for the respect of the legal or regulatory obligations of Skillegal (for example, the fight against fraud);
– when the processing is justified by the legitimate interest of Skillegal (establishment of statistics, computer security measures, commercial prospecting).
- Purpose of the processing
Skillegal collects your personal data for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes, such as
– the follow-up and management of the files that you have entrusted to the firm;
– to manage your relationship with Skillegal;
– subscribing to and sending thematic information, news and events hosted by Skillegal;
– processing contact requests;
– Managing recruitment.
- Recipients of Personal Data
In accordance with the regulations in force, Data may be transmitted to the competent authorities upon request, and in particular to public bodies, legal auxiliaries and judicial officers in order to meet legal obligations.
We only transmit to these third parties the data they need to perform their services, and we require that they do not use your data for any other purpose. These third parties will only act in accordance with our instructions and will be contractually obliged to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality of your data as we do and to comply with the applicable data protection regulations.
- How long we keep your information
Skillegal retains your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, subject to legal obligations to retain certain data or legal possibilities for archiving and anonymization.
In this respect, data collected for the purpose of applications on our website (including forms, cover letters, CVs, references, interview notes, assessment results etc.) are kept for a maximum of two years from the last contact with the applicant.
Data collected via our contact form on our website, used for commercial prospecting purposes, are kept for a maximum of three years from the end of the commercial relationship.
Data obtained for the purposes of carrying out assignments entrusted to the firm and within the framework of the mandate with Skillegal are kept for five years from the end of the assignment.
Your data will be deleted when the retention periods have expired.
Your data may, however, be archived beyond these periods for the purposes of investigating, recording and prosecuting criminal offences, for the sole purpose of making your data available to the judicial authorities, if necessary.
Archiving implies that your data will no longer be available for consultation online but will be extracted and stored on an autonomous and secure medium.
For more information on how long we keep your personal data for a specific purpose, please contact us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transfer of personal data
The personal data that we have collected within the framework of the mandate that you have entrusted to us or of simple exchanges are saved in servers located in France.
As for the personal data that we collect via our website, these are also saved on servers located in France.
Transfers of personal data may take place:
– to Skillegal’s various offices and partners, for the purpose of processing your file;
– to national administrative and judicial authorities.
Skillegal ensures that any transfer of personal data outside of Europe is managed in a way that guarantees the security of your data:
– by ensuring that the country is recognized as having an adequate level of protection by the European Commission (or, for the United States, that the recipient company has adhered to the Privacy Shield mechanism);
– entering into agreements with the recipient to provide such security; or
– obtaining your consent to such transfer.
If you would like to know more about how we share and transfer your personal data, including obtaining the above documents, you can contact us at email@example.com.
- Your rights and how to exercise them
Within the limits provided by the regulations in force, you have the following rights:
Right of access
You may consult the information processed by Skillegal and receive an electronic copy.
Right of rectification
This right allows you to correct inaccurate data about yourself (wrong age or address) or to complete data (address without apartment number) in relation to the purpose of the processing.
Right to erasure of data
You have the right to request that Skillegal delete your personal data, subject to certain conditions and exceptions under applicable law (such as Skillegal’s legal obligations). See: https://www.cnil.fr/fr/le-droit-leffacement-supprimer-vos-donnees-en-ligne
Right to limit processing
You may request that Skillegal limit the processing of your data when you challenge its accuracy or object to its processing. In this case, Skillegal will need to review your request, during which time you may ask Skillegal to freeze the use of your data. Alternatively, you may request that Skillegal restrict the processing of certain data in the event thatSkillegal wishes to delete it. This will allow you to retain the data, for example, to exercise a right.
Right to Data Portability
Where processing is based on your consent or a contract, you may receive the personal data you have provided to Skillegal in a structured and commonly used format, in order to transmit that data to another controller. Where technically feasible, you may request that Skillegal transfer such data directly to such other controller.
Right to object to processing
You may object to the use of your data by Skillegal for a specific purpose, giving reasons relating to your particular situation (except in the case of commercial prospecting).
You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out prior to such withdrawal.
You also have the possibility to organize the conservation, deletion and communication of your personal data after your death, by adopting general or particular directives, which can be registered with a trusted digital third party certified by the CNIL.
Finally, you may exercise your rights and send any request for information regarding your personal data, by electronic or postal means, to:
– Personal Data Management – Skillegal – 20 avenue de l’Opéra 75001 Paris.
Such correspondence should be accompanied by a copy of your identity document and any necessary supporting documentation.
Skillegal will respond to your request as soon as possible, and in any event within one month of receiving your request. This time period may be extended by two months depending on the complexity of your request and the number of requests Skillegal receives. In this case, Skillegal will notify you of the extension prior to the expiration of the initial one-month period.
If Skillegal does not comply with your request, the firm will inform you of the reasons for its denial or inaction.
Finally, you may file a complaint with the CNIL (www.cnil.fr).
Skillegal may occasionally modify this policy in order to comply with any regulatory, legal, editorial or technical developments.
When we do, we will change the “last updated” date and indicate the date the changes were made. When necessary, we will inform you and/or seek your consent. You should check this page periodically for any changes or updates to our policy.
To write to us, please fill in the contact form below or use the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
20, avenue de l'Opéra
75 001 Paris